In-house, customised training
Our Getting to the point® 2-day Baseline workshop is our core training module.
Ideal for a group of 10, or your whole organisation, it:
- is delivered in-house and face-to-face
- can be run anywhere in Australia
- is customised to your sector
- gives participants feedback on their own workplace writing and a comprehensive training manual.
We have run Baseline training for over 16,000 professionals around Australia.
Tailored training at your venue
We shape the Baseline to your needs, covering writing genres like ministerial and policy documents, communications, finance, reports and websites.
The 2-day workshop includes:
- a full suite of learning activities for persuasive document structure and efficient written expression
- demonstration examples in line with your document types and business sector
- our review of participant writing samples, with one-on-one feedback at the workshop
- extra value-adding through our related writing evaluation services
- the skills needed for our advanced training modules.
Follow-on training options
You can build on the Baseline with targeted training to support specific staff, like managers, content writers, and policy writers.
A Baseline workshop is a prerequisite.
Publicly available training
Our Getting to the point® 1-day Plain English Essentials™ workshop is an express face-to-face training module.
Ideal for individuals and small groups, it:
- is not delivered in-house
- covers typical professional writing needs
- is for anyone who writes at work
- gives participants a comprehensive training manual.
We offer this workshop at CBD venues around Australia.
Cost: $600 pp plus GST, with discounts for group bookings.
Register and pay at our Store.
Our clients say
I loved this workshop from start to finish. Activities were relevant and participants were given opportunities to ask many, many questions.
Policy Specialist, water utility
The most worthwhile training session I've completed in the past 10 years as a communicator. The measured results in applying these techniques will save me and my employer a lot of time and money. Thank you.
Communication Manager, federal government department
I've learnt that by providing too much detail, I am burying my core message. And that instead of impressing my reader, I am confusing them.
Project Officer, land development corporation
Benefits of our training
Reforming a writing culture
We give you the skills and support for transforming your written communication. Clear, customer-focused documents and online materials will be your standard.
People will spend less time drafting and rewriting. Senior staff will review and approve content more quickly. You will have less confused clients and customers.
Improving client relationships
Your material will be more persuasive and appealing, and less ambiguous. Your communication with your customers will be more effective and productive.