Workshops at a glance
Our Getting to the point® training includes baseline, specialist and public workshops.
- sign up for one of our 4 virtual training options as an individual
- host a 1- or 2-day workshop for 10 of your staff
- run a larger program for your whole team or organisation.
All our training participants receive a comprehensive manual, which covers document structure and written expression. It uses interactive activities and best practice examples to boost writing skills.
Custom workshops for organisations
We have run Baseline training for almost 30,000 professionals around Australia.
Our 2-day Ministerial and Policy Writing Baseline is our most sought after and successful workshop. But we can tailor a Baseline to suit your business sector and writing genre, such as:
- audit writing
- board paper writing
- communications writing
- report writing.
We also offer a range of tailored 1-day Essentials workshops.
Before a workshop, our expert trainers review samples of each participant’s workplace writing. During the workshop, participants receive personalised feedback and can apply what they learn to their samples.
Public workshops for individuals
We offer 4 virtual training options for anyone who wants to improve their workplace writing. Each of these uses proven plain English tools to help you write clear, concise and engaging content:
- Plain English Essentials (1 day): Learn how the core concepts of plain English can radically improve how you write at work.
- Grammar and Punctuation Essentials (1 day): See how grammar and punctuation can sharpen your style.
- Web Writing Essentials (1 day): Explore how to adapt your content for a digital platform.
- Plain Language for Lawyers (3 hours): Refresh your drafting skills to write clear, client-focused advices and transaction documents.
We also offer specialist workshops for organisations who need them.
- 1-day workshops with more advanced tools
- other legal training sessions, including Drafting in Plain Language and Writing Persuasive Advices
- 1-hour Plain English for Professionals presentation on plain English and its benefits.
Each legal training session earns 3.5 CPD points.
We now run virtual training without compromising any learning outcomes or activities.
Please see our Service update fact sheet for more details, or call us on 02 9290 1288 to discuss any questions.
Our clients say
I loved this workshop from start to finish. Activities were relevant and participants could ask many, many questions.
Policy specialist, water utility
This is a course that will benefit me for the rest of my career.
Program officer, state government department
I've learnt that by providing too much detail, I am burying my core message. And that instead of impressing my reader, I am confusing them.
Project officer, land development corporation