Copyright policy and intellectual property terms
At 7 July 2016
Plain English Foundation Pty Ltd (PEF/we/our/us) owns and runs the www.plainenglishfoundation.com website (our website/site).
As a website user (you/your), you agree to:
These terms have the following sections:
- We have copyright over our intellectual property
- We licence our material only for your personal use
- You can't use our content for your own purpose
- We own our free writing tools so please acknowledge us
- Our copyright is protected
Unless otherwise shown, we own all the intellectual property on our website. This includes all copyrightable material such as our:
- writing tools, guidelines, checklists, quizzes, examples and edits
- other resources we make available to you, including our PowerPoint presentations
- designs, images and branding
- inventions including databases, compilations and codes.
Unless otherwise shown, we also own and control all rights, including copyright, in our website content and compilation. This includes text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software.
You also cannot use or reproduce our trademarks, including our logos, without us agreeing in writing beforehand.
You can only view, download, display and print our material for its permitted use and in an unaltered form, in line with our terms and policies.
We own the intellectual property in our writing tools and other resources we make available to you, and in our Getting to the point® training materials unless these state otherwise.
When you pay our required fee(s) to participate in a Getting to the point® public workshop we will supply you with associated training materials.
As part of your purchase agreement with us, you agree:
- to only use our training materials to participate in the training and for your subsequent personal reference
- not to copy, record, stream, distribute or assign our training materials in any form to another person or entity.
Our intellectual property licence use conditions
We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferrable licence to use our Getting to the point® training materials only:
- to participate in the public workshop that you purchased from us
- for your subsequent personal reference.
This licence does not give you the right to:
- use, adapt, amend, reproduce, or communicate our training materials to a third party, including the public, your employer or a related body
- record or stream, or manufacture, sell, hire or otherwise assign our intellectual property (including our training materials) in any form or otherwise exploit it in any way
- post our training materials on any website or social media platform
- refer to our intellectual property, including our free writing tools and other resources we make available to you, without attributing our ownership
- post our free writing tools and other resources we make available to you on a website or social media platform without linking this to our site’s host page
- perform any act that violates our intellectual property rights.
We remain the owner of all our interest in our intellectual property and knowledge in our products and services.
You cannot reproduce, broadcast, republish, display (including electronically), copy, transmit, stream, record, post, distribute, show or play in public our intellectual property or our website content.
You also cannot use any of our content:
- for any commercial purpose or sale
- to adapt or change in any way
- to create a derivative work, for any purpose.
You cannot place our copyrightable material on another website or a public forum for any purpose. This does not include our website material in the public domain and our free writing tools as we supply them and in line with 4.
You have no intellectual property rights and copyright ownership of our website products that you use or buy and our licence use restrictions in 2 apply.
You can use our free writing tools and our other resources we make available to you in line with our licence use conditions in 2. You can use these only:
- for non-commercial purposes
- in the format we provide them in, including our branding and design
- if you attribute the Plain English Foundation (with our website address) as the copyright owner each time you use them.
If you download a free writing tool, you cannot otherwise reproduce, broadcast, stream republish, display (including electronically), copy, transmit, post, distribute, show or play it in public without meeting the above conditions.
You agree not to use a free writing tool and any other resource we make available to you:
- for any commercial purpose
- to adapt or change it in any way
- to create a derivative work from it
- on another website or a public forum (but you can create a link to it on our site).
Please contact us if you wish to link to our site. Also see our User terms.
Our material is protected under the Australian Copyright Act 1968 and other relevant international copyright laws.
We endorse the Australian Copyright Council in promoting the benefits of copyright protection for a fairer, more creative and economically sustainable business culture.