Writing Skills Test
Get a writing skills health check
Our online Getting to the point® Writing Skills Test can assess whether your plain English skill levels meet current standards. The first such tool of its kind in Australia, it complements our other services.
- Assessing writing skill levels
- Measuring improvements
- Choosing the best training option
- Tailoring professional development programs
- Enhancing performance management
- Strengthening recruitment
Better achieve communications goals, advance careers and understand the skill levels of job candidates.
Assess plain English skill levels of typical workplace and business writing.
- 20 questions on planning, structure, design and expression and style
- Fully online
- Needs minimal administration
- Runs for 90 minutes
- Gives immediate results by email to the candidate and/or purchaser
Easily assign tests to candidates and manage confidentiality by choosing who gets the results.
Buy online for $395 plus GST
- Use a credit card for immediate purchase – go to our Store
- Pay by invoice – set up a corporate account
- Get volume discounts
How it works
- We email you the test link.
- You open the link in your browser and follow the instructions. We recommend using Chrome as your browser. Edge, Safari and Firefox are also supported.
- You do the test in a single sitting.
- We email you a results link to a short report.
See our terms and conditions here.
Who is it for?
For individuals: to easily check how well you’re using plain English in your work writing.
For employers: to quickly and objectively assess staff or job candidate writing skills.
What users say
This offered a meaningful and accurate test of my skill level.
The questions use real scenarios and are very interactive.
A user friendly interface that is clear and easy to read.
It was so interesting as well as being useful!
So many great features [that] are quite rare in this type of online tool.