Getting to the point
For an in-house training quotation please contact us.
Plain English Foundation has a well-deserved reputation for excellent writing training.
on the basic of the fact that
together with the associated
- Editing for clarity
- Letter and email writing
- Policy writing.
Getting to the point is a whole program with follow-up support to reinforce your organisation's investment in our training.
- are tailored to your organisation's sector
- include relevant, professional writing examples
- apply practical tools in hands-on activities
- include feedback on your own workplace writing
- give you a plain English workbook to use as an ongoing resource
- take no more than 10 participants for comfortable and effective learning.
Getting to the point in-house training supports all workplace writing needs, from small groups to an entire organisation. We give people essential professional writing skills, producing concrete results in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
What people say about Getting to the point training
- The presenting style was so enjoyable, it didn't feel like work at all.
- An essential course.
- One of the best courses I have ever attended.
- All staff should do this course, especially the Executive.
- Would happily sit through a whole week of this training.
- Practical and well directed.
- Emphasis on structural change will improve decision making.
- I will never look at a written document the same way again.
Our client asked us to help improve the tone of their customer letters and emails to help prevent costs associated with complaints. We began their communications reform program with a Verbumetric™ evaluation and recommended ways to improve their writing practice. We followed this with our Getting to the point training and document engineering of their customer service letters. Over 80% of Baseline workshop participants rated our training as excellent despite early concerns that switching to plain English would sound unprofessional or compromise technical content. We then did in-depth editing of other key documents and mounted a series of popular Advanced workshops.
Read more about our clients.